Friday, December 18, 2015

Fa La La La La - Results are In

We have some results to share from the survey you took this week!  The comments students submitted with regards to what parents can do to help alleviate stress and competition have been read, categorized, and summarized into the list below:


  1.  Put less emphasis on grades.  Stop checking school loop daily and be more accepting of grades that are not As.  Talk to me about something other than school and grades.
  2.  Be supportive.  Support me in my passions and interests and offer help and encouragement.
  3.  Don’t put so much pressure on me.  Relax. 
  4. Your expectations are too high.  Don’t expect me to do well at everything all the time and be open to other definitions of success.
  5. Don’t put so much emphasis on college.
  6. Let me handle my work.  Don’t micromanage and let me pick the classes I want to take.
  7. Be understanding.  Recognize that things are different than when you went to school.
  8.  Accept me and stop comparing me to others.




2 comments: